Before you start the job search process it is essential that you prepare a professional Curriculum Vitae (CV) fitting the local Australia style. Generally a C.V. that is styled for the UK, European or other overseas markets will not be suitable for use in Australia.
Your C.V. should contain the following headings;
- Phone and Email address
- Nationality (IMPORTANT - clearly state that you are applying for permanent residence visas or are approved.)
- Languages spoken (indicating ability)
- Societies / Clubs / Memberships
- Hobbies and leisure interests
- Key skills (A brief summary of your skills and competencies.)
- Indicate dates and certificates/diplomas/ degrees attained. IMPORTANT - where possible indicate the Australian equivalent of your qualification.
- High School/Secondary School
- Tertiary e.g. University/College/Polytechnic
- Short courses (indicate specific skills acquired)
- Indicate dates; Month and Year. List your current job first.
- Company / Organisation Name
- Responsibilities (Describe your duties, job content, position in organisation, staff supervised, projects/challenges completed, promotions. Also, describe the activities of your employing organisation, e.g. industry sector, market standing, size, turnover, etc.)
Name, Position, Address and contact details of two former employers.
Please click here to open an example CV in the Australian style.